Setup Facebook App
- Create Facebook App & Page
- Connect Your Website to Facebook App
- Adding App Products
- Create New Bot
- Test Your First Message
Although you can use only Page ID and Page Access Token to create bots, we recommend you manage pages via Facebook App so you can use many cool advanced features like faster bots creation, ID Matching, NLP, etc.
Create Facebook App & Page
Connect Your Website to Facebook App
- Open Facebook app settings pages, navigate to Settings / Basics section.
- In App Domains text box, enter your domain, for example: giga.ai
- Navigate to the last section of Settings page, click + Add Platform button.
- Click Website
- New Website section will show up, enter your website URL. For example: https://giga.ai
- (Optional) Enter other fields, some will be required when you submit your app for Facebook staff to review.
- Click Save Changes
- Copy App ID and App Secret to paste to Giga AI / Settings page.
Now Facebook can accept connection from your website to your app. Next step is let your website connect to Facebook.
- From your WordPress Dashboard open Giga AI / Settings page.
- Copy Facebook App ID and App Secret which mentioned on the step above, leave the Requires Permissions field blank.
- Hit Save Changes
Adding App Products
From now on, your website can connect and retrieves request from Facebook. You can add as many as products you want. In this case, we'll add three essential products: Facebook Login, Webhooks, and Messenger.
- Facebook Login, as its name, lets you add Login with Facebook button to your website so people have easy way to connect to your website.
- Webhook lets your website retrieve update from Facebook server.
- Messenger helps you customize Messenger, and, of course, create Messenger bot.
To add FB app products:
- Go to Facebook app, on the PRODUCTS section of the sidebar, click (+) to start adding products.
- Under Facebook Login, Webhooks, and Messenger, click Set Up
Configure Facebook Login Product
Facebook Login is Giga AI built in feature, when you add Facebook Login product, ignore the Quick Start form and nagivate to Facebook Login / Settings page.
- In Valid OAuth Redirect URIs text box, enter:
- Leaves other fields blank and Save Changes.
Configure Webhooks Product
- Go to Webhooks page under PRODUCTS section.
- From the dropdown, select Page and click Subscribe to this object, a dialog will show up.
- In "Callback URL", enter your webhook URL which you can find in Settings page (default is
- In "Verify Token", enter
- Click Verify and Save
Configure Messenger Product
- Go to Messenger page under PRODUCTS section.
- In Webhooks section of Messenger settings page, click Edit events.
- Check all events and click Save
Connect Your Accounts
Now you can create bots with Page ID and Page Access Token, let's make it easier by connect WordPress your account to Facebook so you can select a page to add bot instead of manually enter these information.
- In WordPress Dashboard, go to Users / Your Profile page.
- Under Facebook Connect section, click Connect.
- There will be a FB dialog will display ask for permissions. Accept and you're now connected with Facebook.
Create New Bot
You've reached last step so far. Now it's easiest step, create new bot.
- In WP Dashboard, go to Giga AI page.
- Click Add New Bot, a dialog will show up.
- Select a page which you want to add your bot, and click Save Changes
- Done, you'll be redirected to Settings page.
Your First Message
Congratulation! You've successfully built your bot. All easy right? Now it's time to talk with your bot
Try to send hi to your page with your app's administrator account. If you get reply from your page. Congratulation! Otherwise, please check your server requirements and previous steps.
- Continue with each guide in the the documentation menu.
- If you can't get this to work, see Troubleshooting page. Remember that you're always welcome to ask a question in the support forum.